Content is King! It's Time We Accept This Without Further Discourse
Author: Komal Malhotra
Turning pages 10 years back, the world of Information Technology would largely be synonymous with the Internet. With wheel of time turning, usage of the internet became one of the driving forces for any form of business. Gradually as the businesses rose and crossed geographical boundaries, the world started to become one place; kudos internet.
What helps people, helps business. Hence, content is king!
Came in the age of digital era where almost everyone wanted to have social presence felt and one way or the other got in a race to promote themselves online. More and more people were connecting across the globe to find the right audience.
Cluttering of online space with opportunities available to visitors it became necessary to use right information for accurate communication.
The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; Communication is getting through.
"The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; Communication is getting through."
-Sydney J. Harris
Key to overwhelming information and communication is Content. Good content should follow 7C’s of communication which are:
1. Concise– Sticking to the point and keep it brief
2. Correct– Use right language with would be grammatically sound.
3. Concrete– Audience should have clear picture of facts and figure
4. Complete– Message should bear all necessary information.
5. Coherent– All points are connected and relevant to the main topics
6. Clear– Use of right level of language in presenting ideas
7. Courteous– communication is friendly, open and honest.
Let’s find out how Content online essentially impacts our presence:
- Improvised SEO: By targeting specific keywords we want to rank for and organically adding internal links to our posts that help to prop up other pages on the site.
- Financial soak: We don’t need to spend money on paid search or the retention of a search agency.
- Brand awareness/perception: We use the blog to ‘soften the tone’ of the Econsultancy site. Hey, we’re an approachable, friendly bunch. Come say hello.
- Higher revenue: Our blog now exceeds 1m monthly page impressions, and we direct about 5% of our readers to product pages. We help increase conversion.
- Something to talk about: Producing content means we have something to chat about and promote via our social media channels.